Monday, April 12, 2010

Pretentiouslicious

Seriously? Or my personal fave “for reals!?”

Percentages of Hell!!!

So after weeks of being on this site I started to realize its just like every other dating site as the percentages really mean nothing. I mean it is basically telling me that you answered 98% of your questions exactly like I did.

Do you know what this tells me?

You are my carbon copy. Why the hell would I want to date my carbon copy? I don’t want to date myself. Not to say I’m not awesome… because I am. :p

And how do they decide what is enemy, what is friend and what is match? I’m very curious how they function on a scientific and analytical level. Where does this info come from considering that most of the questions on the site are created by users?

I answer the questions and kinda chuckle at them as I wonder how can some of these questions have any bearing on your ability to match someone? And I find myself choosing irrelevant as to my matche’s answer.

Are people looking for their twin or their other half?

I was looking for someone who would challenge me and not always agree with me but who would be compatible with me on a different level. I find now that okcupid is free for a reason, just like other free dating sites and other sites people pay for but don’t get much more out of it. It’s a lot of fun to meatmarket style shop for a man but its no better than any of the others.

Strange how that works.

Soooo…

Dear cupid,

What kinda crack are you smoking matching my high percentages with pretentious guys who smack of elitist mindframes and haughty thoughts and actions? Am I not aware that I myself am the same as them? Should I be re-evaluating myself as a human being by the matches you find would work with me? Let me know how that works.

Or you can just deliver me what I want. :p

Love,
Unknowing snob???

PS: another guy messaged me today to ask if he could ask me a question of a sexual nature in which I answered “you just did.” And thanked him before blocking him. Awesome filters!

No comments:

Post a Comment