Monday, March 29, 2010

Glasses Gone Wrong

I've been wearing glasses since I was in first grade. I remember my first pair being a truly kickass pink and blue rainbow frames with smurfette's face on the temples. I rocked those things like nobody's business.

Strangely I remember the first time I was called four-eyes. I remember being in second grade, looking the kid straight in the face and calling him a smartass. Its amazing what we pick up from adults right!? I got in trouble, he got labeled smartass by the other kids. incidentally his new nickname stuck for years to come.

So today.. being that I have the most insane crappy spex rx out there, contacts are pretty much an out for me. I mean I can become a lab rat for the contact lens companies... but I just can't see me allowing nerds in lab coats to stab me in the eye repeatedly in order to find lenses that I could see out of.

so whats the point of this post??? People who wear glasses and have no RX should be slapped repeatedly. I don't care who you are or what your reason is behind wearing giant frames from the 80's bought at your local street cred sellin store. If you can see perfectly fine, why not leave the coolness to those of use who've paid our dues in the eyeglass wearing world!?

Did you spend your childhood being taunted for your (parent chosen) ugly frames? Did you break pairs only to be punished like crazy? Have you ever failed a driving test because you didn't want the hot guy working at the DMV to see you in your spex???

No. You haven't. You basically picked up W magazine saw Lindsay Lohatesherself wearing a giant pair of Ferragamos and decided you needed to mimick her.

Please, for the love of god and all that is holy, grow an independent backbone. I'll even grant you street cred for it.

and finally... I can only hope that soon something horrific like gecko covered genie pants come back into style just to watch the fashion suicide ensue. Please let that be the new trend for Summer 2010. I really need the laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment